Become a Volunteer
Our wonderful volunteers are the backbone of our Society! Volunteers participate in staffing our Research Centre and assisting other members and visitors with their research.
Throughout the year we run training programs to teach members about the vast array of resources in our Research Centre and how to get the best use out of them.
You will also acquire skills that will assist you with your own research, and be able to join others in researching topics for our various publications. In return, we ask that our volunteers assist with staffing our Research Centre for approximately one day per month.
We are also seeking volunteers to:
- Become our Social Media Manager, to maintain our Facebook page and Blog
- Take photographs of the Ku-ring-gai area for our archives and website
- Assist in preservation of our archive records, comprising vertical files, biographical records, collected archives of families and community organisations, and the Society’s administrative records
- Digitise and preserve our extensive photographic collection
- Participate in our oral history program
- Transcribe tapes from our speakers and oral history programs
- Prepare and compile databases from original source data
- Assist with managing our Museum, maintaining and preserving the collection, and preparing displays
- Prepare historic items for our display cases, and for our outreach activities to promote the Society
You’ll find that volunteering is a very satisfying experience – and there’s always time for a chat with like-minded members! Interested?
If you’re already a member, then Get in Touch.
If you’re not yet a member, then why not Join Today – the people you’ll meet and the knowledge you’ll gain from participating will truly reward you!